ABC Academy is looking for a skilled Teacher Aide to join the team for the 2021–2022 school year. The role consists of working under the direction of the Program Director and Teacher to provide care and supervision of infants, toddlers, preschool, and school-age children and maintaining a healthful and organized working/learning environment. Teacher Aides must communicate with families, coworkers, volunteers in a respectful and caring manner. They are also expected to plan, organize, and implement both approved and developmentally appropriate curriculum to enhance the growth and development of children enrolled in the program. Staff must provide a safe and nurturing environment that is conducive to the growth, learning, and success of children.
Education and Experience
Teacher Aides must possess any of the following:
- Prior experience working in a child care setting
- Child Development Associate
- Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Enrolled in an Early Childhood Education/Elementary Education Program
Valid First Aid and Infant/Toddler/Adult CPR certificate required. Must complete 24 hours of training in Early Childhood Education annually to maintain position.
Teachers must possess knowledge of…
- Basic needs and characteristics of all ages of children.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Appropriate behavior modification strategies and techniques.
- Health and basic first aid techniques.
- Appropriate safety precautions and procedures.
- Skills to communicate with families in a professional manner.
- Concepts of child growth, development, and behavior characteristics.
Teacher Aides must possess the ability to…
- Oversee and be actively involved with activities appropriate for all ages of children.
- Work effectively with individuals and groups of all ages of children.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions
- Maintain rooms in an orderly, safe, neat, and clean manner.
- Assist children with personal needs.
- Nurture and care for all ages of children.
- Maintain cooperative and harmonious relationships with all ages of children and parents.
- Work confidently and with discretion.