GSRP Lead Teacher
2021–2022 School Year
The role consists of working under the Program Director to plan, organize, and implement both approved and developmentally appropriate curriculum to enhance the growth and development of children enrolled in the program. The Lead Teacher must provide a safe and nurturing environment that is conducive to the growth, learning, and success of children.
Education and Experience
Any of the following:
- A valid Michigan teaching certificate and an Early Childhood Education (ZA)
- Early Childhood-General and Special Education (ZS) endorsement
- A bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or child development with a specialization in preschool teaching. The transcript will document a major, rather than a minor, in child development or early childhood education.
Knowledge and Abilities
Lead Teachers must possess knowledge of…
- Concepts of child growth, development, and behavior characteristics.
- Early childhood curriculum areas and appropriate methods of implementation.
- And Strengths in the following areas: cultural sensitivity, maintenance of a clean, safe, and orderly classroom, record-keeping strategies, oral and written communication skills, regulatory requirements and rules, and working effectively as part of a team.
Lead Teachers must possess the ability to…
- Oversee and be actively involved with activities appropriate for all ages of children.
- Work effectively with individuals and groups of all ages of children.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Maintain rooms in an orderly, safe, neat, and clean manner.
- Assist children with personal needs.
- Nurture and care for all ages of children.
- Maintain cooperative and harmonious relationships with all ages of children and parents.
- Work confidently and with discretion.
License and Other Requirements
- Valid First Aid and Infant/Toddler/Adult CPR certificate required.
- Must complete 24 hours of training in Early Childhood Education annually to maintain position.
- Michigan Child Care Background Check Consent and Disclosure.